Sunday, August 4, 2013

Coconut Pancakes (grain free)

This recipe is from Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low Carb, Gluten Free Alternative Wheat by Bruce File.  If you like comfort foods and have a Wheat sensitivity this is a great book for you!

I am not Gluten Free, but I think a lot of the recipes are yummy!  Some of my friends have allergies and I think being a good hostess means considering your guests.


Here is the recipe that I tried:

3 Tbsp Butter, melted
3 Tbsp Coconut Milk (or cow's milk)
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs

Tip: Use any flour!  Try almond flour!

Some coconut oil for frying (or butter)




Directions:
1. Whisk eggs, melted butter, coconut milk, honey and salt.
2. Add in baking powder and coconut flour. I was impressed by the consistency of the batter! Adjust your batter if needed.  You may need to add a dash of coconut flour or coconut milk.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium.
4. Add 2-3 Tbsps of batter and cook each side till golden brown
5. Serve with berries and Maple Syrup.



No comments:

Post a Comment