Monday, July 29, 2013

Pork Tenderloin with Nonna Pia's Rosemary reduction

I was totally dreading cooking after my workout. I knew I had to cook pork tenderloin, because I had some in the fridge. In order to motivate myself I had to keep it simple. I decided to chop up some onions and start to carmelize them. Then I got motivated to make my pork.
Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 pound pork tenderloin
rosemary
Salt and Pepper
1 apple
2 onions butter or grape seed oil.

Directions:
1. Chop 2 onions and put in stainless steel pan. Cook on high for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low- med and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover. Stir and check every 5-10 minutes. Takes about an hour to get perfect onions. Feel free to skip this step and serve the pork with a fresh salad.
2. Pre- heat oven to 425.
3. Heat a stainless steel pan and add butter or grape seed oil. Coat your pork in salt, pepper and rosemary. When the pan is hot sear each side for 1-2 minutes.
4. Chop up an apple and place in oven proof glass pan. Place the seared Pork on top. Cover with Nonna Pia's Rosemary reduction
5. Cook in oven at 400 for about 25 minutes. I cooked mine covered to keep in the juices. Then let it rest for 5 -10 minutes. The internal temperature should be 145.

TIP: Experts used to say to cook pork to 160.  This will leave you with dry pork.  When you check the temperature you should check the thickest park.

 Serve with onion and a fresh salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment