Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5 minute Prep Meat Loaf

For anyone who knows my boyfriend he is a hunter and tends to hoard his meat.  He does not like to share his venison.  I used to do that with speciality chocolate, but now I just eat it right away.  I am wishing I had one more morsel of that Swiss chocolate.  But that is another story! Now that hunting season is around the corner I can bring out the venison.  My personal favourite preparation is ground venison.

Tonight I have prepared for you a simple and moist meatloaf.  If you do not have venison I suggest bison.

Ingredients:
1pound of ground meat
1/4- 1/2 panko crumbs
squirt ketchup for 3 seconds
squirt mustard for 3 seconds
squirt HP sauce for 1.5 seconds
as much cayenne as you can handle
a pinch of salt
1 egg
1tsp of Worchestershire sauce.
a dash of grape seed oil

Directions:
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Coat a glass loaf pan with Grape seed oil and pack venison in.  Top with a bit of ketchup and HP sauce
4. Cook covered with tin foil for 30 minutes.
5. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes (if you like it crisp broil for 2 minutes)
6. Check temperature. I left mine at 150.  you could go up to 160.
7. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.

Serve with boiled potatoes, peas and arugula

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment