Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Fun-day Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken

Sunday afternoons I like to tidy the house and make something delicious that will help make Monday easier.  Today I was inspired by my boyfriend, Casey Ardley.  We always try to out due our shelves when it comes to wining and dining. Last time he made chicken he used Nonna Pia's Balsamic reduction and it was so good.

Today I made for you a Slow Cooked Chicken to perfection! I also prepared a chicken stock that only took a few minutes extra to prep, so when I come home Monday night I can easily make a soup.



Tip of the day:
Always buy a whole chicken.  Per kilogram the whole chicken is always cheaper.  It is a simple way to save money.













Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken

1 whole chicken (butcher the chicken into 2 breast and 2 thighs and leave the wings for the stock)
1 can of tomatoes (2 fresh tomatoes)
3 sprigs of Rosemary
2-3 Tbsp of Nonna Pia's Balsamic Reduction-Rosemary Flavour
1 onion
Salt and Pepper

Directions:

1. Butcher the chicken. Click here for some tips from Food and Wine magazine.
2. Cut the chicken breast in half and place in slow cooker. Add the chicken thighs as well. I skinned my chicken, but you can do what ever pleases you.
3. Chop the onion and place on top.  Place the tomatoes on top.
4. Sprinkle on the Rosemary.
5. Top with the Balsamic Reduction.
6. Set slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.

Serve with a fresh salad from the farmers market.

Click here for the chicken stock.




No comments:

Post a Comment