Thursday, July 5, 2012

Veggie Burger

Some may call this a veggie cutlet or  Chola Tikki.  Traditional a chola tikki is a great Indian snack.  It is  chickpeas,potatoes, ginger, cilantro, green chilli, pepper salt, lemon and oil.  I am craving something more a stronger taster of Indian so I am using the chola tikki recipe as my base.


Recipe on the way!!


1.5 potatoes
1 can chic peas
2 garlic gloves
1/2 a onion
1 shredded carrot
1 egg
Indian spices: cinnamon, curry, cumin. coriander
handful of parsley
salt and pepper
- a few table spoons of flour (I am on a cleanse so I used brown rice flour.  Other good flours are chic pea flour or Quinoa flour




Directions
1. Boil the potatoes and when they are done set aside to cook.
2.  Pan fry the onions and garlic and set aside to cool.
3. in a food processor put in drained chick peas, shredded carrot and egg.  Once the onions and potatoes.  I blended it until is became almost a paste.  Some people leave out some chick peas and put them in after to create a chunkier burger. Then I randomly through in Indian spices. 
4. Taste to see if the mixture is the right amount of spice.  It was hard for me to tell if it tasted right until I cooked it.
5. Preheat a stainless steel pan on med- high.  Put your oil of choice (I always use grape seed oil for cooking). Form the burgers using some of the flour.  Fry them for about 4 mins per side. I like them crispy!


Tasting note:  This was my first try at making chic pea burgers.  The level of spices I used wasn't perfect, so it is a work in progress. I may try the more traditional version next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment