Saturday, July 7, 2012

Salmon Quinoa Salad

I am on Day 4 of my cleanse and in order to stay strong it is important to create tasty dishes. I used to think that there was no way a salad could be a meal.  Then I was introduced to the cobb salad.  I have always found the cobb salad to be a great lighter lunch option. Like anything else it can get old. If I am going to have a few salads over the course of the week they have to be interesting.  I made a fabulous sockeye salmon last night and I saved some for tonight's salad.  I am certainly glad I did! Having a salad for Dinner is not always my favourite thing to have, but this was one was top notch.  I felt full and satisfied.  Adding Quino or potatoes to a salad is a great alternative to bread.



Ingredients:
-cooked quinoa
-pan- fryed asparagus and yellow pepper
-raw grated carrot
-raw grated beets
-1 piece of leftover cooked salmon
-home grown sprouts
-avocado
-mixed greens
-home made salad dressing (see below)

Directions:
1. Pretty simple.  Cook the quinoa and while that is cooking assemble the rest of your ingredients.  Pile everything on one plate and cola!

Salad dressing
1 squeezed lemon, one squeezed orange, rosemary olive oil, extra cut up rosemary and salt and pepper. I think dill would also be a great herb for this salad.

Ahh yes.  I am looking forward to starting day 5 feel in great!  Happy clean eating to all of you!  Once you try clean eating you will find that you are a lot more creative in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment