Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame chicken

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup of honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
5 garlic gloves (or as much as you like)
a couple pinches of cayenne
1-2 table spoons of sesame oil
2 table spoons of butter
2 table spoons of flour


Directions.

1. Make the sauce. In a bowl mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced garlic, cayenne, and sesame oil.  Poor a small portion of the mixture into the pot of your slow cooker.
2. Cut of the chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.  Put into slow cooker.
3. Add the rest of the sauce and chopped onions.
4. I put the slow cook on high for about 2 hours and then on low for 2 hours.  Alternatively 5 hours on low would do the trick!
5. Make long Grain Basmati rice.  Follow the instructions on the rice package.  I usually saute butter and garlic and then I add the rice.  I use chicken stock to add flavour as well.  For this recipe I also added coconut to the rice...Yummy!

Possible starter:
- My fresh Thai Spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce!

Wine Paring:

Wild Goose Gewurztramminer

No comments:

Post a Comment